ISTANBULGES PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
İstanbul Çağrı Enerji Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (“IstanbulGes”) prioritizes the protection of your personal data. In order to comply with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“Law”), IstanbulGes adopts the general principles stated in the Law when processing personal data and fulfills its obligations regarding the processing, deletion, destruction, anonymization, transfer, informing the data subject, and ensuring data security. The “IstanbulGes Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy,” prepared within this scope, is made accessible to the data subjects (“Data Subjects”) whose personal data is processed.
As IstanbulGes, we would like to inform our users who have visited the website https://www.istanbulges.com about the Privacy Agreement and the Personal Data Protection Policy within the scope of personal data protection legislation.
Purpose and Scope of the Personal Data Protection Policy
IstanbulGes Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (“the Policy”) addresses the users and online visitors of https://www.istanbulges.com and covers the following aspects:
- What types of personal data IstanbulGes processes,
- The purpose and legal basis for processing personal data,
- The types of personal data collected and the methods of collection,
- With whom IstanbulGes can share personal data,
- The conditions for the deletion, destruction, and anonymization of personal data,
- The rights of the data subjects regarding the personal data processed by IstanbulGes and how these rights can be exercised,
- How to change the preferences regarding receiving commercial electronic communications,
- User access,
- Explanation of changes in IstanbulGes’ Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
Processed Personal Data
IstanbulGes processes personal data within the scope of the following processes and activities:
- From the website, https://www.istanbulges.com, for the purpose of membership registration: your mandatory information such as name, surname, email, mobile phone number, address, and date of birth,
- Communication information (email, mobile phone) based on your consent to receive commercial electronic communications according to your preferences from IstanbulGes,
- Transaction information related to the operations carried out on the website https://www.istanbulges.com (purchase amount, product or service information, transaction amount, transaction time, invoice information, etc.),
- Traffic information of users, whether they are members or not, who use the website https://www.istanbulges.com (IP address related to the parties, start and end time of the provided service, type of service utilized, amount of transferred data, and, if available, your subscriber identification information),
- Navigational information of members on the website https://www.istanbulges.com.
Purpose and Legal Basis of Personal Data Processing
IstanbulGes processes your personal data mentioned above for the following purposes and legal bases:
- To establish and perform the Membership Agreement between you and IstanbulGes for the realization of your membership.
- To fulfill the post-membership personal data processing within the scope of the Membership Agreement established between you and IstanbulGes, and to fulfill the legal obligations arising from this agreement.
- To provide promotions, discounts, and various benefits İn accordance with your consent to receive commercial electronic communications and the legal obligation to fulfill this consent, to prepare content suitable for your preferences and interests.
- Your navigational information is processed for customers who have given consent for commercial electronic communications to prepare electronic communication content suitable for their preferences and interests, and to offer benefits and opportunities.
- For the identification and/or evaluation of individuals who will be subject to marketing activities based on user behavior criteria.
- For the design and/or execution of personalized marketing and/or promotional activities.
- For planning and/or implementing data analysis studies for marketing purposes.
- For planning and/or implementing event promotion processes.
- For planning and/or implementing campaign promotion processes.
- For managing member requests and/or complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction, providing information and support on all matters related to IstanbulGes applications if necessary, and mediating customer satisfaction by forwarding the issue to IstanbulGes in case of unresolved problems.
Types of Personal Data Collected and Collection Method
IstanbulGes only collects the information provided by you. This information includes your name, surname, gender, address, email address, and mobile phone number. Your personal information is collected when you register on our website or connect to our applications in order to respond to you quickly and to inform you about new products and campaigns with your permission.
The collection, processing, and purposes of personal data are explained in detail in the Personal Data Protection Information Text available on our website, https://www.istanbulges.com.
Parties with whom IstanbulGes Can Share Personal Data
With your permission, IstanbulGes or the organizations we work with will send you emails for new products, purchase offers, discount coupons, special news that we think may interest you, developments that describe us and that we are happy to share with you, and other promotions. You can cancel your subscription unless you wish to receive the emails sent in any case.
In cases requiring legal action and in mandatory situations to meet your requests correctly and provide accurate information in research conducted to protect public security, IstanbulGes has the right to use or disclose your personal information.
Conditions for Erasure, Destruction, and Anonymization of Personal Data
IstanbulGes retains the personal data processed through its website for the periods specified in accordance with Article 7 and Article 17 of the Law and Article 138 of the Turkish Penal Code, and/or the periods required by the purpose of processing.
The erasure of personal data by IstanbulGes refers to rendering the personal data inaccessible and unusable for the relevant users in any way. IstanbulGes establishes an access authorization and control matrix at the user level and implements it within a policy framework for this purpose. Necessary measures are taken to carry out the deletion process in the database.
The destruction of personal data by IstanbulGes refers to making the personal data inaccessible, irretrievable, and unusable by anyone in any way.
The anonymization of personal data by İstanbulGes refers to rendering the personal data incapable of being associated with a specific or identifiable natural person, even if matched with other data.
Rights of Data Subjects Whose Personal Data is Processed
As the data subject, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to IstanbulGes through the methods specified below, IstanbulGes will fulfill the request, depending on the nature of the request, within the shortest time possible and no later than thirty days, free of charge in accordance with Article 13(2) of Law No. 6698. However, if the process requires an additional cost, IstanbulGes may charge a fee as defined in the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
Within this scope, data subjects have the following rights:
- To learn whether their personal data is being processed,
- To request information regarding the processing of their personal data if it has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of the processing of personal data and whether they are used in line with the intended purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data is transferred within the country or abroad,
- To request the correction of personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate and to request that the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred are informed of the correction made within this scope,
- To request the deletion or destruction of personal data in case the reasons requiring its processing cease to exist, even though it has been processed in accordance with the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data and other relevant laws, and to request that the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred are informed of the deletion or destruction made within this scope,
- To object to the occurrence of a result against the individual by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request compensation for damages in case of suffering damages due to the unlawful processing of personal data.
In accordance with the first paragraph of Article 13 of Law No. 6698, you can submit your requests regarding the exercise of the aforementioned rights to IstanbulGes in writing. After the other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board are announced, the channels and procedures through which the applications will be received will be announced by our Company. In this context, you can submit your application to our Company in writing, including your explanations regarding the right you request to exercise, along with the necessary information regarding your identity, by filling out the form at www.istanbulges.com and submitting a signed copy of the form in person with identity-confirming documents to Levazım Mahallesi Koru Sokak No:2 Zorlu Center İç Kapı No:69 Beşiktaş/İstanbul, or you can send it via a notary public or through other methods specified in Law No. 6698, or you can electronically submit the relevant form with a secure electronic signature to the email address [*]
Personal Data Processed Through Cookies
Revoking Consent for Commercial Electronic Communications
If you no longer wish to receive messages sent by IstanbulGes for purposes such as campaigns, promotions, or benefits, you can send an email to [*] or click on the opt-out link provided in the emails or SMS messages you receive.
Terminating your IstanbulGes membership does not imply revoking the consent you provided for commercial electronic communications. Therefore, we recommend following the above-mentioned steps to revoke your consent for commercial electronic communications.
You have the right to control and modify all the personal data you have provided to IstanbulGes. If you wish to change the information in our database or make any modifications related to your contact details, you can contact us through the addresses provided at the bottom of the page.
You can express your wishes and request the deletion of your personal data or the cessation of its use at any time by reaching out to us.